Time to Vote! Cast your ballot in the 2019 Earnie Awards!
View Digital Issue
- European Union: Bold colors, mixed materials & a plethora of prints sail across the pond for fall.
- Lucky Charms: Chatons de Bonbons introduces sweet, sophisticated accessories.
- Going Back to Bali: Briana Hetzel, founder and designer of Haven Children, makers of Havengirl, Wyldson and Joyous & Free, on going the extra mile to protect what matters most: her company’s treasured island roots.
- Remembering Kourageous Kids Co-founder Kim Spellman: Kim Spellman, co-founder of Kourageous Kids showroom and tween line Flowers by Zoe, passed away last month, after a recurring battle with cancer.
- Dream Big: Melody Nabati, co-founder of Mini Dreamers, on rocketing from online startup to international success through the art of buying and curation.
- Double Play: Four-year-old twins and social media sweethearts Mila and Emma Stauffer add fashion designer to their resumes—before pre-k!
- It’s the Little Things: Gemma Broekhuis, founder of Milestone, the gift and card company, on the value of slowing down to appreciate small moments that make up life’s grand journey.
- What’s Selling: Just Hatched – Guilford, CT: Owner Karen Helburn shares how she got creative from product to promotion.
- Windows to the Soles: Fields Footwear introduces a clear construction for a healthy fit.
- The Pitti Things: Forecasting what’s hot for the coming cold season from the runways of Pitti Immagine Bimbo in Florence, Italy.
- Class Act: Bolster back-to-school sales with A+ add-ons.
- Vroom, Vroom! : Motorsport-inspired accents race into childrenswear for Fall ’19. Get in gear with sporty stripes, black-and-white checks and hot race car motifs.
- Exhibitor Spotlight: See these shining stars at next month’s JPMA Show.
View Digital Issue
- La La Land: A fusion of sporty silhouettes jazzed by pops of leopard, plaid and camo add star power to streetwear this fall.
- Dreamweavers: It was encouraging to walk the opening day of the recent Pitti Immagine Bimbo show in Florence, Italy, and see the aisles packed!
- A Mother’s Touch: Rebecca Weisz, owner of Ladida and mom of six, on why passion, panache and patience are the keys to success.
- European Accent: Mogens Jepsen, CEO of Molo, elevates the Scandinavian brand’s unique identity with cutting-edge designs and global appeal.
- Dream Catcher: Jetting from coast to coast, zealous 9-year-old influencer Haileigh Vasquez chases her dreams in acting and modeling, complemented by a dash of fashion design.
- What’s Selling: Rock-A-Bye Baby Virginia Beach, VA: Brandy Brown’s 2,100-square-foot location serves everything locals and tourists need for their child from christening gifts to feeding accessories to swimwear.
- Designer Chat: Magda Rams – Kids on the Moon: “When I became a mother, I decided to get back to what I really enjoyed in college—designing,” Rams says.
- Bold for the Cold: Outrageous, oversized and outstanding, statement outerwear took the runway by storm at the recent Pitti Immagine Bimbo in Florence, Italy.
- Footwear Preview: Fall 2019: Footwear Preview: Fall 2019
- Barbie’s Celebrates 60 Years, Autumn Cashmere Adds Boys and Elegant Baby Expands Sales Team!: Barbie Turns 60!
Barbie’s 60th birthday exhibition inspires young girls at the January edition of Pitti Immagine Bimbo.
The year was 1959: Alaska became the 49th state, ...
- Behind the Seams: February 2019: Contemporary Classic
Baby Noomie fuses modern designs with traditional Pima cotton.
Delicate designs in soft shades of pink and blue typically come to mind with Pima cotton layette. ...
- Special Moments: TLCSquared Shop introduces a new chapter of baby memory books.
- Connect the Spots: Prowling catwalks and urban jungles worldwide, the fierce and always fabulous leopard print leaps into childrenswear this fall via frisky twists of furry textures, wild accents and striking colors.
View Digital Issue
- Color Theory: Outerwear trends for Fall ’19 span high-sheen puffers, faux fur and fleece across a spectrum of brights.
- Designer Chat: Tabitha Osler – Faire Child: From getting her master's at Antwerp Royal Academy in Belgium to her time designing for couture labels in the UK, Osler’s collections focused on sustainable material innovation, including the use of natural and recycled fibers.
- What’s Selling: Yellow Turtle – Stowe, VT: Every year the small town of Stowe, VT, is overrun with vacationers eager to get a taste of mountain air, and for nearly 50 years they’ve outfitted their children in style at Yellow Turtle.
- Warm Regards: Suzanne Schwartz, CEO of SAM, applies decades of fashion experience to hot looks for cold weather.
- Straight Talk: Jeannie Yoon, owner of Jeannie N Mini in Irvine, CA, uses forward-thinking buying strategies to drive business.
- Reef Madness: Living Coral is the hue of 2019, according to the color forecasting experts at Pantone.
- 2019 Gift Guide: A little extra fun for tots to tweens.
- The Deep Retail State: Can you believe it’s 2019? Welcome to the future.
View Digital Issue
- Dream a Little Dream: Storybooks and stuffed animals snuggle up with sleepwear styles of super-soft materials and sweet prints.
- Labor of Love: Online retailer Justine Hoagland, founder of Cloth, reveals how to buy smart from the heart.
- Attachment Issues: Scarlett+Michel’s detachable bibs save parents time and hassle.
- Doing Good: Karen Bromley, principal of The Bromley Group and a founder of K.I.D.S., inspires the fashion industry with her whole-hearted approach to doing business.
- Designer Chat: Casey Henson – Bedhead Pajamas: A chat with Casey Henson, designer at Bedhead Pajamas.
- Rise of the Retailers: The past year has seen gallons of ink devoted to stories about the so-called Retail Apocalypse, a weekly tally of who’s downsizing, who’s dying and ...
- Helping Hand: Ambitious sixth-grader Addisyn Goss gains national attention with her homeless outreach program Snuggle Sacks.
- The 2018 Earnie Awards: Recognizing excellence in design and retail across the children’s fashion market for 2018.
View Digital Issue
- To Tie For : While the dainty femininity of spaghetti straps has always been appealing, why not take it up a notch and put a bow on it? Be ...
- In Retailers We Trust: This just in: Motherhood is tough!
- What’s Selling: Runnin’ Wild Kids Shoes Brooklyn, NY: Customers keep coming back for Fauci’s strong selection and traditional sit-and-fit approach.
- Designer Chat: Anne Klein – Fish Kiss: A chat with Fish Kiss Designer, Anne Klein.
- Go Slow: The sloth has entered the fast lane with designers. Thanks in part to actress Kristen Bell’s appearance on Ellen, where she recounted her endearing meltdown over a sloth ...
- The Age of Innocence: Smocking, fluting and hand-embroidered details festoon spring styles steeped in tradition.
- Great Expectations: Why the maternity market is an ideal way for brick-and-mortar stores to bump up sales.
- Class Act: Brimming with passion, 13-year-old model, dancer and actress Amalina Ace hits the streets to discover all New York has to offer.
- Scene & Heard: October 2018: Kid Made Modern Goes Digital
Known for its bright colors and bold designs in apparel and crafts, Kid Made Modern (KMM) is transitioning into the digital ...
- Queen Bee: Maria Nyline-Asker, president of Ayablu, maker of Burt’s Bees Baby, proves that organic fashion can be authentic, affordable and adorable.
- What’s Selling: The Bird’s Nest Baby Boutique – Warsaw, NC: The Bird’s Nest stocks books, plush, accessories and clothing from newborn to 5T.
Rhonda Cooke didn’t set out to open a baby boutique, but once her ...