View Digital Issue
- We Are Family: Fall fashion brings generations closer through Coordinating Colors, prints & materials.
- A Little Piece of Heaven: Ash Vasanji, co-owner and buyer for Heaven in Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA, sheds light on the boutique’s divine selection.
- What’s Selling: Stoopher & Boots – New York, NY: A look at What's Selling: Stoopher & Boots in New York, NY.
- Into the Blue: Periwinkle, navy and everything in between, brought to you by Little Monsters Kidswear.
- What Inventory Features Should You Look for in POS Software?: If you’re looking to upgrade your system, consider these user-friendly aspects offered by Springboard Retail.
- The Perfect Mix: Yuki Oshima, co-founder and creative director of Owa Yurika, on blending Japanese simplicity with chic European design influences.
- Simply Chic: Ciao Bella offers a luxurious alternative to basics.
- Love at First Byte: The AI fueling matchmaker engines is not unlike the AI that now helps connect wholesalers, retailers and consumers.
- Puffer Zone: Off the Runway: Cool puffer coats are hotter than ever!
- The AI Retail Revolution is Now: Artificial Intelligence (AI) is capturing and scanning reams of sales data for predictive analytics, tracking consumer behavior and changing retail as we know it.
View Digital Issue
- OneCoast Expands Dallas Showroom for 2020: OneCoast, a nationwide sales and marketing services company, is expanding its Dallas showroom to include an additional 8,000 square feet of space.
- Fur of the Moment: Combing through the latest wooly, shaggy and fluffy outerwear offerings for this fall.
- 2020 Vision: It’s a time of reflection mixed with nervous anticipation.
- What’s Selling: Skipper & Scout – Vail, CO: Vail might be a world-class skiing destination, but its well-heeled tourist crowd is as eager to shop the stores as slalom down the slopes.
- Redefining Retail: Retailers are reinventing themselves in increasingly creative and thoughtful ways, with an eye on service and social/environmental good.
- The Strategist: Vicki Davis, co-owner of The Children’s Shop in Atlanta, on what, when and how she buys to keep customers satisfied for more than 30 years.
- A Jackie of All Trades: Rosie Burno, owner and designer of Dainty Girl Accessories, dishes on retailing, designing and keeping up with ever-evolving trends.
- Couture Kids Launches Plushies with Celebrity Alpacas: Couture Kids Robertson’s exclusive capsule of Fable & Whisper plushies is made from 98 percent alpaca wool and retails for $42.
- Focus Group: Fifth graders in New York City share their winter fashion faves.
- True Blue: Classic Blue is the color of the year for 2020, according to Pantone.
- The Goo Stuff: Seven slimes to stock in 2020.
View Digital Issue
- Sheer Bliss: A transparent take on contemporary cuts.
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun: Subtlety takes a backseat to layered 'tude-infused trends from the decade of decadence.
- 2019 Earnie Winners: Excellence in design and retail across the children’s fashion industry.
- Deck the Malls: In the age of Amazon, it takes more than a photo op with Old Saint Nick to lure shoppers out from beyond their devices.
- Something Special: Venetian Décor Oh Baby offers unique assortment of heirloom-quality baby gifts.
- Southern Comfort: Jennifer Atkins, co-owner of Peony Nola, on crafting a cozy-chic in-store experience through inspirational new products and perfected customer service.
- What’s Selling: Couture Kids – Los Angeles, Miami, New York: Not every retailer can boast that Kanye West and daughter North fell asleep in the nursery showroom while mom Kim Kardashian shopped, but at Couture Kids, it’s just another day at one of its seven boutiques.
- Slime Emporium Opens in NYC: Slime has gone from every little kid’s kitchen table to full-on experiential retail, as New York’s 8,000-square-foot Sloomoo Institute can attest.
- Dearfoams Returns to TV: While trends have come, gone and come back again, Dearfoams is still the country’s top-selling slippers brand and it has returned to national TV with an ad campaign.
- Online Marketplace Faire Lets Retailers Shop the World: Online B2B marketplace Faire offers a curated wholesale marketplace of 7,000-plus vendors from 39 countries.
- Lone Star Great: From noted Texas retailer to legendary sales rep exec, Marilyn Klein, CEO of The Klein Group, has always put the needs of her customers first in order to come out ahead.
- The Earnies Through the Ages: Looking back, many of today’s fashion moguls were recognized at our awards...
View Digital Issue
- Farm Fresh: A wholesome spring harvest of playful patchwork, darling denims, free-flowing frocks and animal accents.
- What’s Selling: Buttercup Baby Co. – Las Vegas, NV: Although a children’s store might not be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of the Las Vegas Strip, Brenda Diaz confirms: “If you build it, they will come.”
- Adaptive Apparel Arrives: For nearly one billion disabled people, shopping for clothes can be a challenging experience.
- Royal Standards: Fourth-generation executive Gillian Taylor, director of G.H. Hurt & Son, on embracing tradition while remaining relevant with today’s consumers.
- Angela Phun-Corsino – Little Zi: Inspired by her parents’ roots, Angela Phun-Corsino’s Little Zi sources exclusively from Peru, a region known for its luxurious Pima cotton.
- Appaman Adds Adaptive Collection: Joining heavy hitters like Tommy Hilfiger, Zappos, Target and Nike, Appaman is introducing its first-ever adaptive apparel collection for Spring ’20.
- Joules’ Wandering Welly: In support of its Right As Rain collection, Joules has rolled out the Wandering Welly, an interactive POP experience for its retail partners.
- Bowfish Kids Takes Action in Climate Crisis: Inspired by 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg, Caitlin Quirk, owner of Bowfish Kids in Asbury Park, NJ, was determined to involve her local community in last month’s Global Climate Strike.
- Reversible Logic: Tohawi doubles its value with two-in-one designs.
- Bold and Balanced: The Twelve Little diaper bag is for busy mamas that want a pop of personality and everyday practicality.
- Idol Worship: Designers are doubling down on the mini me style movement with coordinating to matchy-matchy ensembles for Spring ’20.
- Royal Treatment: The new generation of British royalty is introducing regime change in couture.
- Anta Kids Struts NYFW: A subsidiary of Chinese sportswear company Anta Group, Anta Kids made a splash during the recent New York Fashion Week.
View Digital Issue
- Sweet Shades: Play it cool with a Spring '20 assortment of washed-out hues on easy-breezy silhouettes.
- Designer Chat: Amanda Daum – Sticks: Fusing a philanthropic spirit with her lifelong desire of becoming a designer, Amanda Daum got her startup dreams off the drawing board after winning the 2018 “Chipstarter” competition, supported by Chip and Joanna Gaines, the stars of HGTV’s “Fixer Upper.”
- Laws of Attraction: Bianca Morales, part-time attorney, mother of three and owner of Dreams of Cuteness, on mutually beneficial relationships, responsible manufacturing and the ever-evolving landscape of online buying.
- Grand Slam: Meet aspiring tennis star, philanthropist and childrenswear designer: 10-year-old Emma Wiesenfeld.
- Moon Shot Mission: On the heels of meteoric growth and expansion, David Kahan, CEO of Birkenstock Americas, delves into why the brand has only just left the launch pad.
- Rain or Shine: Jan & Jul prepares kids for every forecast—in style.
- New York State of Mind: It’s 10:30 p.m. on a Monday night, and I’m the fifteenth customer in line at a Fairway Market in Manhattan...
- Digital Marketing Dos and Don’ts: Tips and strategies that deliver meaningful engagement with target customers.
- Young Soles Introduces Vegan Collection: Responding to a demand for more ethical options, Young Soles is launching its first vegan shoe collection.
- Nordstrom’s NYC Flagship is Big Apple-Big: The retail mecca will have seven levels of shopping, totaling 320,000 square feet and nearly an entire floor dedicated to children’s goods and apparel.
- Tea is Ready for the Weekend—Are You?: Globally inspired Tea Collection is spicing up its selection with the debut of a wholesale-exclusive line, Weekend by Tea.
- Eye Candy: Sweet, whimsical and traditionally white eyelet fabric is expanding its palette for Spring ’20...